The Value of working with a REALTOR® When Selling a Home
Selling your home is a complex and stressful undertaking; Getting an expert to help will save you time, money, and aggravation.
The Advantages of working with a REALTOR® are:
- Looking out for your best interests: By asking a REALTOR® to act on your behalf during the purchase of a home, you create an Agency Relationship and become the REALTOR®'s client. REALTORS® always owe their clients full fiduciary duties, such as loyalty, obedience, confidentiality, accountability, duty of care, and full disclosure of all pertinent facts.
- Getting the best price: Professional marketing means top dollar and a faster sale. REALTORS® spend a lot of time and energy making sure they know their local market inside and out. They know the current market value of properties in your area and are your best resource for determining and getting the best and highest price possible. All REALTORS® have access to all of their agency's resources and marketing skills, ensuring that all potential buyers are quickly made aware of your home.
- "First impressions count!" As unfair as it might be to your home, after only fifteen seconds most buyers have already developed a perception of your property that will color their feelings during the rest of the showing and perhaps dramatically affect how they perceive the value of the property. REALTORS® can offer a great deal of information and advice on how to significantly increase your chances of obtaining the highest and best price for your home.
- Dealing only with qualified buyers:REALTORS® have access to pre-screened and pre-qualified buyers who are really serious about buying in your neighborhood. They work full-time making these connections and are literally the best source of potential purchasers.
- Negotiation expertise: REALTORS® do many things, but one of their most important functions is to negotiate on behalf of their clients. When you sell your house, you want the best price in a reasonable amount of time. Your REALTOR®'s job is to facilitate this by drawing up legally binding contracts, assisting in negotiating any offers, offering advice and perspective, and if needed, acting as a mediator during any potential disputes between you and the purchaser.
- All REALTORS® are members of the National Association of Realtors® (NAR). This organization requires all of its members to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. The Code and Standards are very important because they assure that all REALTORS® offer the highest level of service, honesty and integrity possible. All REALTORS® are subject to constant professional monitoring that keeps them directly accountable to the individual consumers they serve. NAR also ensures that all of its members are knowledgeable and highly trained in order to better serve the public, and offers ongoing education courses so that REALTORS® continue to meet the highest professional standards in a constantly changing industry.
- Proffesional Experience: A REALTOR® brings to the table all of his or her knowledge, training and negotiation skills, and will explain exactly what you can expect from the buying/selling process. He or she will be able to explain your rights and obligations, help organize and strategize, and even discuss financing options.
- Assist with financing needs: REALTORS® are familiar with all of the complexities involved in the pre-qualification, approval and negotiation of mortgage rates. Like many industries, banks are experiencing quite a bit of competition and are often willing to flex from their quoted rates. Experienced REALTORS® can often assist in finding the most competitive rates and terms available.
- Access to Multiple Listing Services: REALTORS® have exclusive access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The MLS system also allows a REALTOR® to examine all properties for sale and short-list the ones that are right for you. This not only offers more choices but also saves you valuable time and effort.